Introducing Loved Ones to Active Living
Health Finder has recently shared some simple steps that people can follow in order to help their loved ones pursue an active lifestyle. The list of quick tips included suggesting activities people can do together, making these activities part of their regular routine, being understanding, recognizing small efforts, and choosing healthy gifts.
This article was posted on the Health Finder website:
Lots of people struggle to fit physical activity into their busy lives. If someone you care about is having a hard time getting active, you can help. Here are some tips to get you started.
Suggest activities you can do together.
- Start small. Try taking a walk after dinner twice a week, or do sit-ups while you watch TV.
- Mix it up. Learn new stretches and warm-up exercises.
- Join a fitness class – choose an activity that’s new for both of you.
- Make it part of your regular routine.
Meet up at the local gym or recreation center on your way home from work.
- Give up a TV show to make time for physical activity.
- Wake up a bit earlier so you can go for a brisk walk together before breakfast.
- Walk or ride your bike to the store or coffee shop.
What are your loved one’s reasons for not being more active? Maybe she feels overwhelmed or embarrassed. Ask what you can do to be supportive.
To read more, visit http://healthfinder.gov